Dumplings are originally from a different cuisine but most of us find it very interesting to eat. Here is a special dumplings recipe that we have for you. We recommend this recipe because it is made from bacon and chicken. It is an absolutely amazing dish.
* 3 slices bacon
* 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
* 1 onion, diced
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – diced
* 3 cups chicken broth
* 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
* 3 cups half-and-half
* 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
* 1 cup milk
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside; reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
2. Add potatoes, onion and chicken to bacon drippings and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in chicken broth; season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in corn, and simmer all together for 15 minutes.
3. Pour in half-and-half and bring to a boil; add crumbled bacon. In a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix with milk and mix well (dough should be thick). Drop tablespoon sizes of dough into boiling mixture; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered, then another 10 minutes covered. (Note: Do not stir while simmering, or dumplings will break apart). Serve hot and enjoy!