Potatoes are good alternatives to bread and rice. If you want to use potato-based dishes for a main dish, you can opt to try this delicious dish for that purpose. This dish has the classic combination of bacon and cheese.
* 8 medium potatoes
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
* 1 pound process American cheese, cubed
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
* 3/4 cup sliced black olives
* Chopped fresh parsley
1. Peel the potatoes; place in a saucepan and cover with water. Cook until tender but firm; drain and cube. In a bowl, mix potatoes with onion, cheese and mayonnaise. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon and olives. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Serve immediately and enjoy!