Many people attests to the fact that one of the healthiest ways to prepare food is through baking them. Here is a special recipe that you can have with bacon. Baked beans and bacon is a sumptuous dish that you’ll find t be very irresistible.
* 6 slices bacon
* 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
* 1 onion, diced
* 1/4 cup yellow mustard
* 3/4 cup ketchup
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 Granny Smith apple – peeled, cored and diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook bacon in a large skillet or in the microwave until much of the grease has been released, but the bacon is still flexible. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
2. In a 9 inch square baking dish, stir together the baked beans, onion, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar and apple. Top with slices of bacon.
3. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bacon is crisp and beans are bubbling hot. Serve in a platter and enjoy!