Bacon and tomato is a good combination. Although bacons can be very fattening, its cholesterol levels are balanced off by the inclusion of tomatoes in this recipe. Enjoy this delicious recipe and indulge in the taste of bacon.
* 8 slices bacon
* 1 tomato, chopped
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 3 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon into a medium mixing bowl, and mix with tomato, onion, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise and basil.
3. Separate biscuits into halves horizontally. Place each half into cups of the prepared mini muffin pan. Fill each biscuit half with the bacon mixture.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven , or until golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!