Recipes for Roquefort can be a little tricky but this recipe can help you to cope well. This recipe has a rich and flavorful taste that you will definitely love. It is nutritious and is very easy to prepare as well.
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
* 4 ounces Roquefort or other blue cheese, crumbled
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
* 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
* 1 tomato, sliced
* 1 red onion, sliced
* 4 leaves lettuce
1. In a large bowl, lightly mix the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Divide into 8 equal portions and flatten each one into 1/4 inch thick patty. In a separate bowl, combine the crumbled bacon, Roquefort cheese and thyme. Place an equal portion of the bacon mixture onto 4 of the patties. Top with the remaining 4 patties, pressing the edges together to enclose the filling.
2. Preheat a grill for medium heat. When hot, lightly oil the grate.
3. Grill the patties for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Serve immediately on toasted buns, topped with tomato, onion and lettuce. Enjoy!