Dishes that are served with vegetables become food treats that are healthy and nutritious. These same food treats are also those that become enjoyable to many of us. Experience a healthy meal of Asparagus Rolantina through this recipe.
* 1 pound fresh green asparagus spears, trimmed
* 4 slices Swiss cheese
* 5 (1/2 ounce) slices prosciutto
* ground black pepper to taste
* 4 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Lower asparagus into the water, and cook for 1 minute, 2 minutes if the spears are thick.
- 3. Lay one slice of meat on a plate. Layer a slice of cheese on top of the slice of meat. Place 3 to 4 asparagus spears at one end of the cheese and meat, and sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Roll the cheese and meat up over the asparagus, and secure with a toothpick. Place asparagus rolls in a casserole dish. Once all of the asparagus rolls have been arranged in the casserole dish, pour melted butter over the entire dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake for a quarter of an hour. Serve immediately and enjoy!