These pies are made using no sugar added pie fillings and the crust is made using pre-made egg roll wraps. Very simple to make. Calories per pie are approx. 70. Low in Fat, Sugar and Calories for your healthy diet. Top with non fat, low sugar vanilla ice cream and make it a la mode.
- Large egg roll wraps
- 1 can no sugar added apple or other fruit pie filling
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Bowl of water
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Lay 1 wrap on to cookie sheet
- Dip your fingers in to a bowl of water and slightly wet the wrap all the way around on edges
- Using a spoon, lay fruit in to center of wrap being careful to leave plenty of room around all edges
- Beginning at one of the pointed ends of the square, fold point up and over pie filling ending at opposite point end. (see video)You should now have a triangle filled with filling
- Bend each end point up just to seal and then carefull press down until secure
- When points are sealed, use a thin knife and lift the edges of the wrap up off the cookie sheet and bend them upward seeling the filling inside. Do this with both edges until pie is completely sealed closed.
- Use more water if needed to help stick the edges down secure.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and brown sugar
- Spray each filled turnover with cooking spray on tops only.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon/sugar mix on top of each (use amount you prefer)
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 25 mins. Edges will be crunchy and middle will be only slightly firm
- Place pie on serving plate, top with a scoop of sugar free vanilla ice cream and enjoy!