The sweetness of apples are great additions to the taste of pork chops. For a recipe that makes use of apples and pork chops, this recipe is something that you should try. Serve this dish to your family – they will surely enjoy this dish.
* 6 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
* 1 tablespoon cooking oil
* 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into rings
* 1/2 cup raisins, divided
* 3 medium apples, cut into 1/2-inch slices
* 1 cup apple juice
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cook the pork chops in a skillet.
- Place in an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Place onion rings over the chops. Sprinkle with two-thirds of the raisins. Arrange the apple slices on top and sprinkle with remaining raisins.
- Combine the apple juice, brown sugar, salt, basil, nutmeg and cloves; pour over all.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for an hour. Serve immediately and enjoy!