It’s fall and that means warm and comforting recipes. I also think of apple recipes when October comes around. So what’s more fall than warm apple struesel bread fresh out of the oven with melting butter on top? Add a cup of coffee and it’s the perfect combination!
Print Apple Struesel Bread Author: Adapted from Julie’s Eats and Treats Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 60 mins Total time: 1 hour 20 mins Serves: 12 Ingredients
For the bread:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups apples, peeled and diced
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
For the struesel:
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan.
- Beat together butter, sugar, and eggs until creamy. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture until combined. Mix in apples.
- In small bowl, combine struesel topping ingredients.
- Spread half of the apple batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the struesel topping over the batter. Spread remaining batter and then sprinkle remaining struesel topping.
- Bake for 60 mins. Let cool before slicing.