Pork chops with apples are grand recipes that we can [re[are for our family on simple dinner gatherings, but if you have to prepare this recipe for a special occasion, then follow our sumptuous apple chutney chops for added measure.
* 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup chopped Granny Smith apple
* 2 boneless pork loin chops, pounded thin
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the apples, raisins, honey, vinegar, salt, ginger, mustard and curry. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve in a large platter, put the chutney on the side. Enjoy!