Soups are wonderful add-ons that can really make a meal more complete. If you want a dish that has the great taste of a superb soup and has the exquisite flavors of apples and bacon as well, then this recipe is the perfect recipe for you.
* 5 slices bacon
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/2 white onion, chopped
* 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
* 2 cups beef stock
* 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup red wine
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the bacon in a large skillet. Chop and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the ingredients of this recipe there.
3. Put in the bacon and stir some red wine. Season to taste and allow the dish to simmer. Serve immediately and enjoy!