The combination of apple and bacon is a classic one; nevertheless, it never fails to bring an excitement for those people who really favor these two ingredients. This recipe makes use of this combination with green beans to add in more nutrients and flavor to the dish.
* 6 bacon strips, diced
* 1 small onion, diced
* 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
* 1 large tart apple, chopped
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the bacon in a large skillet and add in onions.
2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients in this recipe. Cover and simmer, then serve immediately. Enjoy!