Afghani Chicken is a chicken starter prepared in a tandoor or an electric grill. It tastes better when kept for marination for at-least 5-6 hours, good things come to those who have to wait after all. It is a dry preparation and very easy to cook. Cooking time is just 20 minutes, and hence, you will not be able to resist trying this one.
Recipe Servings : 3
Marination Time :5-6 hrs
Cooking Time : 20 mins
- ½ kg Chicken
- 1 cup Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp Khus Khus(soaked for 1hr)
- 1 tbsp Melon seeds
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Cream
- 5-6 Choti elaichi (green cardamom)
- Chat masala
- 1 tbsp Black pepper powder
Method of preparation:
Afghani chicken is prepared in many ways and the medium used for cooking varies too. People use from a microwave to tandoor. This recipe employs electric grill. You need not worry, there will not be any compromises in the taste.
- Grind together khus- khus, cashew nuts, pepper, elaichi and melon seed.
- Mix cream with ground mixture, black pepper and butter.
- Now, marinate the chicken with this mixture for 5-6 hrs.
- Grill in traditional tandoor or electric grill tandoor till it becomes brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle Chat masala and lemon juice.
Your afghani chicken is ready to serve hot.
Hope you like this starter recipe. To get more non-veg recipes click here. Please leave your valuable feedback here in the comment box.