This time the steak recipe will combine it with some french fries, here’s the steak frites recipe
4 Servings Ingridients:
- 4 beef steaks, such as porterhouse, sirloin, rib eye, or fillet mignon (1/2 pound each and 3/4 to 1 in thick), or one 2-pound steak
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, make small incisions, about 1 1/2 inches apart in the fat around the outside of each steak.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large heavy skillet or sauté pan over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and sear for 1 minute on each side.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper and continue cooking, turning the steaks every other minute, until you see little pearls of blood come to the surface, about 6 to 8 minutes. The steaks should be cooked rare to medium for juicy, tender meat.
- Remove the steaks and place them on warmed plates. Over medium heat, deglaze the pan with the water and swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Drizzle these pan juices over the meat and serve at once with fries