I know there are plenty of carrots cupcake recipe, but I’ve never found a steamed or sponge carrot cupcake recipe before, so I went to my cookbook database and here’s what I found. I hope you’ll like it.
Serving: 10 pcs
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams of sugar (7 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ovalet (Cake enhancer)
- 100 ml of fresh milk
- 150 grams of carrot, peeled and shreded
- 200 grams of medium protein flour (7 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- Some salt
- Some orange food colouring
- Stir the eggs, sugar and ovallet until they swell and all white. Then add in the flour, corn starch, vanilla powder and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the milk little-by-little while mixing the dough.
- Add the carrots, stir well.
- Take 1/3 of the dough, then add the food colouring.
- Pour the basic dough (not coloured) in a muffin cups that had been coated with oil, then pour the orange dough on top of the basic dough. Then steam until they’re done. Take it away.
- Get them out from the muffin cups, decorate, and serve.
- Use high quality carrots to make the cakes brighter
- Dry the carrots after being shreded so that the cake won’t get too moisty.