Canai bread is a simple dish, tasty, and filling. Sometime this bread is eaten along with Lamb Curry, but they can also be consumed as is. The dish could be your perfect alternative for breakfast pancakes, and it also has that sense of asian cuisine in it. Here’s a simple recipe to make a canai bread.
Serving for 4
- 500 grams (17.7 ounces) of wheat flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 160 cc of water
- 1 tablespoon of Ghee Oil (Indian butter oil)
- Mix the water, eggs, salt and ghee oil, stir until they’re even
- Add in the flout to the mix, stir evenly
- Split the dough into 7 parts. Make a circle each and then cover it with anything as long as it’s clean (you can use paper). Set aside for an hour.
- Take one dough, spread it thin and brush the surface with ghee oil, fold it and leave it for half an hour. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Pre-heat the pan (use a teflon pan), add little ghee oil in the pan and make sure you don’t put too much as it will fail. Fry the dough until it turns brown, then put it on a plate. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Ready to serve