Next week moslems around the world will celebrate the day of victory, that day is called Eid ul-Fitr which is celebrated at the end of the holy month of Ramadhan. Within the festivities where moslem people celebrate with their family and friends food and drinks need to be abundant and this cheese cookies recipe will surely help to add to that celebrated day and any other festivities in your country. Here’s the recipe for making Cheese Cookies..
- 250 grams (8.8 oz) of low protein flour
- 200 grams (7 oz) margarine / butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 60 grams (2.1 oz) Edam cheese / cheddar, grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 60 grams (2.1 oz) cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 egg yolks, mix well
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, milk powder, fine salt and baking powder and stir well.
- Enter the margarine, egg yolks and Edam cheese into the flour mixture, stir and knead briefly by hand until dough is formed that can be rolled.
- Take a pinch of dough, form with two hands to form a long stem, wrap the dough to form a circle.
- Put the dough which has been formed on a margarine-coated baking sheet. Brush the cookies surface with egg yolk as coating and sprinkle the top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake dough in an oven with 160 degrees Celsius (320 degrees Fahrenheit) of temperature for 25 minutes or until the cookies dough is cooked and golden browned. Take them out, let cool.
- Serve in a cookie jar