Hainanese chicken rice is one of the most popular chinese cuisine in the world, but rarely anyone can cook them although it’s quite easy to prepare. Hainanese Rice Chicken only composes of two components. The rice which is not just a regular rice, but a hainanese rice and the fried chicken. This recipe will show you how to make a Hainanese Chicken Rice Recipe complete with the Hainanese Rice and the Hainanese Chicken. Let’s start cooking the rice first. Hainanese Rice Ingridients:
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 5 shallots, peeled and minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-1/2 cups reserved stock from cooking Hainanese chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash the rice and drain in a colander. Let stand 1/2 hour to dry.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the shallots and garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add rice grains and stir-fry 3-4 minutes, until glossy and fragrant.
- Transfer to a saucepan. Add the chicken broth and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and boil until the liquid level evaporates to the level of the rice and steam holes appear.
- Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer 40 minutes.
Hainanese Chicken Ingridients:
- 1 Chicken breats, cut wide
- 50 grams of bread flour (1.8 ounces)
- 1 stirred egg
- 1 tablespoon of tapioka flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 700 ml of cooking oil
- Dip the chicken breast in salt, pepper, MSG, and 1 tableespoon of egg
- Roll the chicken in the tapioka flour until the flour is distributed evenly and pour in the rest of the egg evenly, then set aside
- Roll the chicken in the bread flour.
- Fry it with medium fire until it’s done and browny, set aside and slice is as you wanted.
- Serve it with the hainanese rice