For every Korean restaurant that you had dine-out with family or friends the Kimchee or Kimchi will always be served along with your selection of Korean dishes, this is because Koreans are accustomed having Kimchee in every meal along with their main dish. Most Korean restaurant will also serve you Kimchee in order to bring the authentic Korean dining experience and it’s also full of vitamins like vitamin A, C, B1, B2. Kimchee itself is a fermented dish and easy to cook at home, want to try them at home? here’s a simple recipe for you.. hope you’ll like it..
- 1 loaf of Napa cabbage
- ½ (half) piece of Onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ (quarter) piece of carrot, thinly sliced
- ¼ (quarter) piece of white radish, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of spring onion
- 2 tablespoon of grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- ½ (half) glass of chili powder
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ (half) glass of sea salt
- 1 glass of water
- ¼ (quarter) glass of fish sauce
- 1/3 (third) glass of water
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- Shred the Napa Cabbage into four pieces, wash and set aside
- Slice the spring onion into small pieces
- Mix the 1/2 (half) glass of sea salt and 1 glass of water. Put in the Napa Cabbage into the mix and soak it overnight or 6-8 hours. Wash and then dry them.
- Pour in 1/3 (a third) glass of water and 1 tablespoon of flour in to a saucepan over a medium fire, stir evenly until they boil then turn off the flame and leave them for a while.
- After the water and flour mix cooled down, add in the chili powder, salt, sugar, fish sauce, garlic and ginger. Stir evenly then pour in all the vegetables.
- Put all of the mixed ingredients in an air-sealed container, leave it overnight, then continue to store it in a refrigerator for 2-3 days.